My friend William sent me this photo of a vintage piece he saw in an antique mall. I couldn’t resist recreating it and changing up the words. PDF only.
It’s that time of year again, you either love it or hate it. We have two new kits and five new PDFs. Plus, I’m trying out these new large black foldover cards, so I’m putting one in each of the two new Valentine kits for you to try out and give me feedback!
One more Valentine PDF will launch on Monday, so stay tuned, it’s a biggie. I just need to give it to the recipient this weekend before I share it with you. In the meantime, here’s your Valentine from me to you with LUV:
PLEASE NOTE that we are catching up with shipping, so times are a bit delayed. We took some time off for the holidays to spend with family and my father passed away on January 6th. Here is his memorial page if you’d like to see photos of his incredible life.
So we are just now getting back into the swing of things. Thank you for your patience. Check the Shipping Schedule, which I will continue to update.
It’s crunch week and my life has blown up in a million directions. So…
The LAST DAY of shipping is Friday, December 20 so we recommend you choose Priority Mail if you need your order for Christmas. PLEASE PLACE YOUR ORDER BY THURSDAY, DECEMBER 19 to ensure Friday shipping.
We will NOT be shipping from December 21 through January 6. PDFs will still be delivered automatically and gift card service will not be disturbed. Once we return on January 6, we’ll start digging through emails and orders and resume shipping that week.
Once I get back to work, I’ll reply to your emails in the order they were received. If you don’t hear from me by January 10, please write again.
I don’t usually take time off like this, but I have some important family matters to tend to, so I appreciate your patience with me this year. I hope your holiday break is relaxing and restorative.
A few quick gift ideas for the stitchers or Subversive peeps in your life:
Gift Cards, available in many denominations!
PDF Gift Pack, PDFs at half price!
They can choose their own and take a year to decide.
Glittery buttons with smart-ass phrases to make them laugh.
Limited-edition iron on patch!
Here’s a great idea either as a gift for yourself or your little dog friends: Give ‘em our PDF Gift Pack: for a flat rate of $25, you’ll get a promo code good for 10 PDFs (a $50 value). That’s enough half-price PDFs to keep you or your friend busy for months!
We also have gift cards in several denominations, offered instantly through the technological miracle of Shopify!!
I’ve been trying to make a video, these are SO amazingly awesome! Thanks to those who submitted phrases and ideas for our button contest, these cracked us up the most. Busy Beaver Buttons did an amazing job making these super-glittery, too!
Now shipping with all orders, you’ll get one at random as long as your order is in a padded mailer. OR, if you can’t stand it, you can purchase a set of all four for your very own!
* I’ve extended the contest dates – see below!
I want to make some fun new holiday buttons to put in outgoing orders this year and I need your design help! The winner will receive one promo code to spend up to $100* on our site for yourself or those on your gift list.
*Prizes will be: ONE $100 promo code for the best artwork submitted; TWO $50 promo codes for my next two favorites. PLUS we’ll put your name in the text on the back rim of the button! You will also receive 10 of your winning, finished buttons when we receive the final order.
Here’s how to win:
- Go to Busy Beaver Buttons and decide which button size and shape you like. Since it would be difficult to provide you with high-resolution images of everything on our site, you may submit your design/s in 72dpi resolution and we’ll make the actual high-res art happen. If you use or create any graphics that aren’t from our site we will need the high-res (300dpi) artwork to complete the final design, so please keep that in mind. If you have no idea what the hell I’m talking about, don’t be discouraged! I’ll accept sketched-out doodles as well, it’s really all about fresh ideas!
- The button must have “subversivecrossstitch.com” somewhere on the front side. Artwork should use one of our logos or some of our cross stitch, but feel free to use other elements. Button will be printed in full color.
- Button can be holiday themed or for any time of the year — I need good designs all the time, as I almost always send out buttons with orders.
- Submissions should be sent via email to email@example.com no later than Wednesday, October 30th at 12:00 midnight Pacific Time.
Are you inspired yet? Get to it! I need you!! Let me know if you have any questions. If you win, I will contact you directly by November 5th. Winning buttons will be presented during November once the buttons are produced - here and on social media - see links at right.
Fine print: By submitting artwork for this contest, you agree to grant use of winning artwork to Subversive Cross Stitch through December 31, 2014 for the purpose of promotional buttons only. Any submitted artwork that does not win the top prizes will not be used by Subversive Cross Stitch.